Sunday, May 08, 2005

Gonna blow this town!

How does this sound?

I've been offered a trip to Washington D.C. in order to attend the national Eagle Forum Collegian Summit on June 9-10. I was unsure if I'd be able to make it at first because of finals but as it turns out, I think my last final is two days before the trip!

Didn't think I'd have any more chances to go anywhere before I graduate. I guess I was wrong.

For those who are wondering, the directors of Washington Eagle Forum are here in Lynden. A big thank-you to Luanne for the offer!
<< Home 11 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

Hip, hip--horray! That will be so wonderful for you Markie...
Luvs

4:22 PM, May 08, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

Mark, that is awesome! I hope you are able to make it work. have you ever been to DC before? I have been there so many times but each time there is something new to see. Let me know if you end up being able to go because I have great little map of the capital area that I will loan you if you want. It's one of those pop-open mapes that laminated and pocket size. Is there a chance that you will be able to stay longer than 2 days because that's really not enough time to see anything...by the way I have no idea what your plan is, if you have to stay with the group, etc. but if you can stay longer and want to I have a good friend who lives right outside the DC area, right near the subway line and I know you could stay at her place. She is never home...works really long hours at a government agency...and has an extra room that she sometimes rents out but I know it's empty now so that would be an option. Let me know if you want to get in touch with her.
The picture is back...yeah!

5:16 PM, May 08, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

It's all pretty well planned out where we're staying.

The good thing is that we are getting there on Wednesday and leaving on Saturday--the days before and after the conference/summit.

6:43 PM, May 08, 2005  
Blogger CelloChic said...

Wow! That's an awesome opportunity to learn and do some sight-seeing! Have fun!

7:16 PM, May 08, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh good so maybe you will at least get the chance to walk around a little bit and not be stuck inside hearing rooms, conference rooms, etc. the whole time. Though I am sure the whole experience will be facinating. Looking forward to hearing about when all is said and done.

11:01 PM, May 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one month later and I'd be in DC too - oh well. What an awesome opportunity! I hope you have a wonderful experience. fyi - I have a little blog myself through Xanga. Check out jaxgirl, if you have the chance. It, um, is pretty boring. However, there are some updates on current "me" activities if you're interested. :) Did you all hear about Calvin Cody Prussic? -Elizabeth Bailey

7:02 AM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

1:39 a.m.--lol, so much for the "going-to-bed-early-to-see-if-you-like-it-experiment!"

What an awesome end-of-quarter surprise! What a perfect place to have an adventure...like you could sneak into the White House and...um, never mind. Just have fun!

8:45 AM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Brandy said...

YAY!! fun, that's too cool....I'm jealous:)

10:14 AM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Joshua said...

I figured you'd post it right away! It was funny because Luanne asked if there was anyone who I knew who might want to go and was in college and you came to mind immediately! Then she got totally excited because she knew you and thought it would be perfect. It should be pretty awesome!

5:14 PM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for the recommendation!

5:15 PM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Anna said...

Mark-is that the pic that disappeared so fast? Why? It's good. Can you show me, in one of your 'spare moments', how to post one? I am feeling a little left out with everyone else's being on their blogs. You know you might have to e-mail me the directions! :P

10:40 PM, May 11, 2005  

Post a Comment