Saturday, May 07, 2005

An inspiration

Something I have neglected to mention since my post on the Fairhaven building...

As I was walking away from the Fairhaven building, I was picturing in my mind's eye the difference of settings from that point on campus to some place like the library, which is one of the oldest buildings and has plenty of old-style university "presence" (something I love). While the library has a stately appearance, along with Old Main (the other old building), with lush grass, brick walkways and noble old oak trees in-between, Fairhaven is a brown drab wooden building, so completely hidden in the trees next to the parking lot that you can't even see it if you stand more than a few dozen feet outside the trees.

So, my thought, as I walked away from this habitat of trees and tree-hugging nannies, was that I really ought to do a little photographic storytelling--with myself as the main prop. This would entail a little time, work and, yes, an assistant. My vision may be a little difficult to explain, but my goal is not. I just want to demonstrate the striking difference between these two fine corners of campus.

Stay tuned.
<< Home 7 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

Interesting--can't wait to see what comes of this. Great pic by the way. Is it for the paper?

10:40 AM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger Norma said...

Nice blog skin--of course, I use it too. Thank goodness for Answers.com so I could look up your location!

1:43 PM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

Sounds facinating...will wait to see how this little project of yours shapes up.
Nice photo.

3:51 PM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Sorry to remove that new photo so fast...that was another experiment.

4:21 PM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger Anna said...

Mark!! I missed the photo! You'll have to show it to me at home. Looking forward to the "stay tuned"!

5:12 PM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

I'm laughing (about the photo). It's my current photo mug from The Western Front. I took it off-line from here, where you can see it in black and white. I posted a colorized version here. I suppose I might put it up again for a few days.

11:35 PM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Western's campus is intriguing. The older the building, the better, in my book. True, the newest building is great (Communications Facility), where the journalism dept is now.

11:37 PM, May 07, 2005  

Post a Comment