Monday, May 23, 2005

A little color

Just think...for the first time I'm using the compose tool on blogger dot com. I don't think it's really needed actually...I usually get pretty weirded out when other bloggers can't seem to leave it alone...

It's like the only creativity they can muster is to change the color of the text to something completely unreadable, or corny, or rediculous, or outlandish...

And what was it they were trying to SAY? Who knows--it's all been lost in the
GRAND
(color) sceme of things.


-BREAK-

(regaining composure)

I've tried to limit such outbursts, but sometimes they just happen. Fear not, sanity still reigns here.

Disclaimer: the above pseudo-commentary does not constitute more than a fulfillment of my need to write something off-topic. I do not really judge other people by their blog style. thankyou bye
<< Home 16 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

Ha!Ha! Very funny Mark.

6:11 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Joshua said...

You make me smile :)

6:57 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Um Mark, you getting enough sleep? Eating enough protein bars? Drinking enough coffe?....
JK :D

(I'm annoyed with the yellow print that I can't read--its too light or something :D)

10:55 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

lol....

Kristi, a little trade secret I've learned (in order to put up with people who do crummy colors in text): highlight the text and you will see what it says just fine :)

Kat, I was a little worried that it came too soon after my internship announcment--perhaps some thought I was cracked or something ... that's a good one!

11:47 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Brandy said...

um - yikes - that's all I can say - that was extremely different, and kind of un-Mark-like:) but funny, too:)lol - - - also very illogical.......

12:26 AM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

I see I've limited my light posts a little too much in the last few months...

...that's because my blog is syndicated in some other places that might be looking for more substance--not that I've had much that lately. *sigh*

12:29 AM, May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark! I think your post is totally in-character for you. Didn't surprise me a bit. I think a little color(i.e. losing composure, according to you) once in a while is good, if only to show up the others who go the way of the "outlandish" to express their creativity. Oh, well. I'm afraid that I may be afflicted with a lack of creativity. Might do me in someday.

4:24 AM, May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, how was your EE reading? I took the program through my PCA church here and found it really helpful. About the post... everyone cuts loose at some point. Sometimes it surprises other people (i.e. when I'm loud). :) -Elizabeth Bailey

7:04 AM, May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Beth, that would be a surprise!

7:54 AM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Good stuff Mark--I think you shocked everyone into commenting! Haha! You will never know how much you influence my daily life brother. Because a long time ago you told me that I should always use HTML on my blog...I've never used anything else. Although its always been that way. I still swear that when I was little you told me that the moon was the same as the sun (perhaps a night manifestation of the same terrestrial body). You always disclaimed that particular imparting of knowledge...

10:17 AM, May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's this impulse sometimes to be what you aren't usually - to prove that no one else knows you as well as they think they do. To break through the wafer-thin but rigid walls we set up for ourselves and see what's on the outside. Does this make sense? I might just be making it all up... -Elizabeth B again

11:32 AM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Joshua said...

I know what you mean Elizabeth, I, on rare occasions, want to go to place where nobody knows me (perhaps a little fishing village on the east coast) and be totally different...just for the summer. Only, aside from speaking only with an Irish accent, I don't know exactly how I would be different!? I suppose also, even though that sounds appealing and perhaps 'freeing', "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32) Being who I am and was made to be is really the 'freeest'thing I can do. Trying to be someone that I really am not probably would get old fairly quickly...still it's fun to imagine on the rare lethargic day. ;)

11:57 AM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Ok...

Perhaps it is just a side to me that I have forgotten. That's what I originally thought. I know I've written weird stuff before--it's just been so long I suppose.

But yes, let me agree with everyone here--it is not "mark-like" in the sense I am not that kind of a person very much lately...

Beth, yes was an impulse to be what I am not usually...I like a little shake-up every once in a while.

Nathan, yes you would know that side of me better.

Joshua, yes living in submission to his sovreign will...what could be more freeing?

12:08 PM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Agh...

It burns, it burns!

No, I didn't tell anyone that the sun and the moon were the same thing.

I remember, I was about 7 years old, and I was in the back of our crowded suburban coming home from church one evening...beka was in the middle of the front seat. One of my uncles was driving and commented about the moon. All of the sudden beka lets loose with this story about me telling her the moon was the same thing as the sun! I mean really! She was like...three or four! Now, if I couldn't remember saying such a thing when I was seven, why should anyone believe I said it--I would have to be pretty forgetfull!

5:02 PM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I was very young--no older than six I believe, and very gullible. But I must concede that it may have been a missunderstanding on my part. I may have thought he meant one thing when in reality he was endeavoring to impart a little of his "elder-brother knowledge" in an incomprehensable manner (at least for a six-year-old). When I tried to communicate my newly-aquired understanding of astronomy, I told my unbelieving audience that "Mark said so!". Consequently when the poor fellow heard the news, he was incredulous and insisted that he never told me any such thing! *sigh* Very frustrating to be sure. But so very memorable! =)

5:59 PM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Gaaahhh!! That whole thing was so random and off-subject! Sorry Mark...

6:02 PM, May 24, 2005  

Post a Comment