Monday, June 06, 2005

The debrief

Thanks for the encouragement one and all. Let me share with you a little of the drama.

I slept in by about three hours this morning--bad start... But in retrospect, I did feel good and rested and my cold is much more receded this morning as well. I packed things up and left for Western--banking on a brief half-hour of study when I got there before the test. I put that time to as good a use as I could imagine, trying to focus on the priority sections of the test.

Honestly, even though I was more prepared than the last one, there's nothing like sitting down in the class room and trying to get over the shock of seeing page 1 (of 8) spitting out questions regarding the minutest of details into your face. Eventually things started to come back into focus again, and one of the hardest tests I'll ever take commenced.

Three pages of high-detail questions--I gave it my best shot and then confronted the other stuff: two 10-point essay questions and one 30-point essay question. Let me just emphasize for you the use of the word "essay" in naming the questions. The amount of content Professor Harris asks for is...impressive.

How did it go?

Not bad that I could tell. If so much didn't hang on it, I probably wouldn't still be so concerned with it. It's time to let it go though, because guess what...

THE SCHOOL YEAR IS OVER.
<< Home 8 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

Good for you Mark!! But you are a little late I finished school May 27. Of course I'm home schooled so that makes a difference. Hey!! Don't feel bad about sleeping in I didn't wake up till 8:00AM this morning. I should be down stairs by 7:30 at the latest. So I was a very bad girl.

5:06 PM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Senior Asparagus! Right on! Where are you gonna take your summer holiday? Germany? Oh, no. That would be too boring. *hehe*

11:49 PM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, summer must be almost here! I'm still in school until the 17th, but thankfully I'm not the one doing exams.
Nathan, Germany doesn't sound boring to me, but if I was there I would be on vacation, not on the job!
Esha

12:43 PM, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Ahhhhh. *deep sigh* Just one more year Mark my dear, and you'll have that hard-earned degree in your possesion. Good.

I have a feeling that I'll be working on this paper till the very last hour before I leave on the 15th. Yeah. Uh, huh.

P.S. Sorry you don't like my hair--truly. Try as I might, I still think its...its...nice!

7:19 PM, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Brandy said...

woohoo!!! Congratulations, Mark! lucky you - I'm done tomorrow - i just have a biology final left. I know how you feel 'bout the sleeping in bit - I had a final at 2pm today (which i had not yet studied for) and i ended up sleeping until 11:30 *gasp*:), but it went ok. I'm sure you did fine - you have such impressive logic, after all. :)

10:25 PM, June 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those not in the "know", my "Boring" comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek. You see, I am in Germany at this very moment! For another two years. Not alot of vacation time, I'm afraid. But it would be nice to see my brother over here.

10:13 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

Congratulations Mark! Movin' on up! Say what you are doing this summer anyway? I am probably way behind the times but I can't think that I ever really heard for sure.

7:03 PM, June 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite agreed.

10:59 AM, November 24, 2005  

Post a Comment