Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Xbox wars

Forget the war game simulations on the XBox console. The real action is among the shoppers out for the next edition. 300 shoppers got all bent out of shape over buying procedures at a Wal Mart in Maryland. The police had a time of it trying to settle the...um...riot, but they didn't arrest anyone. I suppose gamer rioting isn't on the books yet.
An Elkton police officer assigned to monitor the crowd called for backup. In all, it took more than 10 officers from Elkton, the state police and the sheriff's office to restore peace.

Then Wal-Mart decided to cancel the sale and police ordered everyone to leave.
Somebody shoot me now.
<< Home 2 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

*laughing* Okay maybe this is not funny to anyone else. But come on. Some people are... Well I think I'll stop there, because I know of some people that are x box crazy.

Why did you say: someone shoot me?
Just wondering.

2:48 PM, November 24, 2005  
Blogger RobertDWood said...

The end is near.. We're fighting over a reality simulator!

So it only took 10 officers?
:D

5:30 AM, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment