Friday, January 21, 2005

Is this fast?

I've often trumpeted both here and on the Western Unraveled blog about the amazing new media force of bloggers that have new power over our world of information. I did this only for the sake of my own interest in observing it and hoping that others would take advantage of the cutting edge info that can be disseminated through the blogosphere.

Little did I know then, that I would be caught up in a do or die political snowball of blogging action.

My other blog, the Western blog, is starting to fulfill its purpose in a small way. I've been able to bring campus absurdity to light especially this past week, when it seemed like there was something to write about every hour, the only limiting factor being the time issue. I am not supposed to be posting right now because I NEED to get this article (another absurdity I haven't been able to mention) done and sent off for tomorrow.

I am still the only writer on the Western blog, though, and that kind of sticks in my craw but I'm hoping against hope that I will have some sort of invitation drafted for potential writers in a couple days. In the mean time, things have been happening! Some of the good folks at SoundPolitics.com have mentioned me on that site and blogrolled me on their personal blogs. This has been a good lift for traffic.

But wait there's more.

I have gotten in contact with a blogger from Pacific Lutheran U, the College Republican president in that neck of the woods; He referred to me a writer for the Seattle Times NEXT section, who contacted me looking for background information on my blog. I've gathered he's doing a piece on Washington blogging. So, come the 30th, the blog may be listed in the Times. The writer's name is Chris Collins.

That's the latest on that. There's a million concerns that I have regarding it, but I can't help but be optimistic at the response so far.
<< Home 1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... I don't realize blogging was such a powerful influence... Truly amazing. This is sweet developments.

8:10 AM, January 24, 2005  

Post a Comment