Friday, June 17, 2005

I'm pegged

Although, I'm getting a little tired of seeing them and letting them take up valuable blog-space, sometimes they do an ok job.

This quiz was a little difficult because I didn't know how to answer when something was hovering between unimportant and completely off the wall. (do I answer "disagree completely or just do an apathetic response?). It seemed to peg me pretty close though so I must have answered right most of the time. The interesting thing is that the term "Reformed Evangelical" is a historically sound definition of what we call simply "reformed." Such terms should be viewed as a tree breaking into ever more specific branches. Starting with catholic (universal or as opposed to the orthodox church), then Evangelical (as opposed to Roman Catholic), then Reformed (as opposed to other Baptists, Methodists, etc.)... So the term, Reformed Evangelical Catholic would be technically accurate at describing me as well (information courtesy of R.C. Sproul series: "What is Reformed Theology").

*Stepping off soup-box*

NOTICE: Be ye warned if you decide to take the quiz that it produces a lot of code which invariably interferes with your post width. I had to make a few alterations.

You scored as Reformed Evangelical. You are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.

Reformed Evangelical

86%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

71%

Fundamentalist

71%

Neo orthodox

61%

Roman Catholic

39%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

29%

Emergent/Postmodern

21%

Classical Liberal

21%

Modern Liberal

11%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

I got the same as you. A Reformed Evangelical.

7:22 PM, June 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I get Fundementalist? hmm...

3:23 AM, June 26, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

I'd have to say it was probably the terminology they use...and like I said, it's hard to understand what they are looking for sometimes.

12:44 PM, June 26, 2005  

Post a Comment